Afraid you don't have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
We've been there!
When we started our business we were dismayed by the nature of the information available. Although it was factually strong, it pitched us against ourselves. As a shy person, being told that the way to develop my business was by public speaking made me doubt I had what it takes to start a business.
While it is important to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself so that you truly grow, we believe that really sustainable success and progress comes from playing to your strengths and turning your innate characteristics into business strengths.
- Having a million ideas is fantastic so long as you can use them to problem solve and create products but not great if they overwhelm you.
- Keeping going no matter what is brilliant as long as you don’t become stubborn burn out.
- Being able to read, take in and process lots of information is great so long as it doesn’t make you dogmatic and create silos in your thinking and in your work.
- Having the ability to nurture and bring out the best in other people and create a wonderful atmosphere is marvellous unless you end up feeling your only value is standing behind other people.
We came to realise that there are many different paths to success.
In fact there are as many different paths as there are people and what success means to each person is very individual.
The problem is that if you can’t see yourself in the business leader role models that are out there it's disheartening and difficult to start you business. It makes you feel you are not right for business. That’s not necessarily the case.
Often it's that people like you are running successful business, they just haven't been seen or noticed.
We love helping women create sustainable, authentic businesses they love that give them the freedom to live life on their own terms so we designed our Business Leader Quiz to help you identify your strengths so you can create a business that brings what is unique about you into the world.
How we created our quiz
We spoke to the entrepreneurs and business people we know and looked at successful leaders to create four business leader profiles. They are all unique and have different strengths and weaknesses. By identifying your business leader profile you can begin to access your strengths. You might also be surprised to find that what you consider to be one of your weaknesses may turn out to be your business superpower.
Identifying your business leader profile can give you valuable clues about:
- The kind of business you are going to run. The type of business that will really speak to your talents and gifts which we often take for granted as we assume that everyone can do the things we do.
- The people you need to bring on board to help you run your business or to get your business going as you can identify the areas that are not your strengths where you will need help.
- How you can be more productive. We looked at how different profiles set goals for example to suggest how each profile can do this in a way that feels aligned to them.
- Your working relationships generally. Knowing your profile and having a sense of the profiles of the people you work with can help you understand not only how you can collaborate but also how you might irritate one another. In our own business we discovered we have different profiles. This knowledge has really helped us to work through some sticky moments!
Are you the Inventor, the Entrepreneur, the Philanthropist or the Guide?